The seasoned traveller understands how valuable a steed can be on lengthy and treacherous journeys. Stables are usually found in smaller townes and villages, or at private residences where the owners may be willing to offer you a fine horse at a fair price. Stables are not found in many cities. Most stables deal in strong plough horses, rugged mountain horses, swift steppes horses, and a few even have Valorian steeds, which are most excellent war horses.
All horses carry full supplies for the well-equipped rider.
Ages of Darkness and Enlightenment
Horses were sold since Ultima I, and that changed little during the entire Age of Darkness and Age of Enlightenment. Stables sold horses and the petty much was it. No extra services of any kind were provided.
Age of Armageddon
In Ultima VII however, there are no single horses available, and the player instead uses carriages to travel faster through Britannia. In the following ravages of the Great Cataclysm, insane people killed all the horses of Britannia, thus putting stables out of business.
|“|| In two towns the fine horses of Lord British may be purchased. However, they are only sold in lots that match the numbers of the party, so they are quite expensive.|
|“|| Stables are not found in many cities, but there are a few in castles and private residences that will consider selling to the public. Most stables deal in strong plough horses, rugged mountain horses, swift steppes horses, and a few even have Valorian steeds, which are most excellent war horses. All carry full supplies for the well equipped rider.|
|“|| The seasoned traveller understands what a godsend a steed can be on lengthy and treacherous journeys. Stables are usually found in smaller towns and villages, or at private residences where the owners may be willing to offer you a fine horse at a fair price.|
|“|| There is no faster mode of land travel that riding in a horsedrawn wagon. When travelling in the wilderness, the quicker one is, the safer one is. Horses and carts can be purchased from the stables in Britain.|
- Petre is a Trinsic stables caretaker in Ultima VII. He is notable as one of the first people to discover the body of the murdered blacksmith Christopher at the beginning of the game.
- Horse and Rider is a stable in Trinsic which, during Ultima V, was run by Hettar.
- The Stablehouse is a stable in North Britanny which, during Ultima V, was run by Theoan.
- Stables is a stable in Dawn during Ultima III.
- The Stables is a stable in Devil Guard during Ultima III.
- Unnamed stables could be found in Paws during Ultima IV. They were run by an unnamed stablemaster. Francesca was the stablehand there. Inside the stables, the bull Ol' Red Eye could be found, along with Smith the Horse.
- Wishing Well Horses is a stable in Paws which, during Ultima V, was run by Ferru.
|Shops|| Apothecary ☥ Armoury ☥ Bakery ☥ Clothier ☥ Fletchers and Bowyers ☥ Grocery |
Healer ☥ Inn ☥ Jeweler ☥ Provisioner ☥ Shipwright ☥ Stables ☥ Tavern ☥ Trainer
|Shops of Old||Armour Shop ☥ Magic Shop ☥ Oracle ☥ Weapon Shop|