List of Timegate Locations
The time gate system of Ultima II is quite complex. Some doors allow travel in both directions, while others do not. The system is further complicated by the differences between the five different time periods. Therefore, the following is an overview of where the various gates lead.
The following is an overview of the different time periods, and the mobility that time gates provide:
|Pangea||All the time gates are on the same landmass, making them easily accessible. This also allows for the possibility of easy travel to different continents in other time zones. Gate locations are identified by compass directions: N, S, W and E.|
|1423 B.C.||Only Castle Britannia has no nearby time gate, and can only be reached by ship.|
|1990 A.D.||Everything is easily accessible, once a time portal is found that doesn't lead to England. Otherwise, a ship is needed for transportation off of the island.|
|2112 A.D.||Pirates Harbour is the only problematic zone to reach, for which a bi-plane and a jump through two time zones is needed.|
|Time of Legends||All time gates are clustered together, making it an ideal hub for time travel. Gates will be numbered 1-4 from left to right.|
The following tables summarize the destinations of the time gates. Except for Pangea and the Time of Legends, gates will be referenced by the modern continent or island they appear in.
| 1990 A.D., Great Britain
2112 A.D., North Asia
|Europe||1990 A.D., Great Britain|
|-||South America||2112 A.D., NW America|
| Pangea, Eurasia (east)
|Asia||Pangea, Eurasia (east)|
|-||North America||Legends 1|
| Pangea, Proto-Austrialia
1423 B.C., Europe
|Great Britain||1423 B.C., Europe|
|2112 A.D., NW America||South America||2112 A.D., NW America|
|-||Greenland||Pangea, Eurasia (east)|
2112 A.D. aftermath
|(any age)||NW America||1990 A.D., South America|
|-||NE America||Legends 1|
|-||North Asia||1423 B.C., Europe|
|-||South Asia||Pangea, Eurasia (east)|
Time of Legends
|(any age)||Legends 1||Pangea, Proto-Greenland (north)|
|-||Legends 2||1423 B.C., Europe|
|-||Legends 3||1990 A.D., Great Britain|
|-||Legends 4||2112 A.D., NW America|
The following map illustrates the relations between the time gates. Red lines are one-way gates, yellow lines are two-way gates.
The following is a similar map included in Prima's Official Guide to Ultima Collection. Please note that there are several errors in this map, which were found by play-testing.
The general rules are:
- Each time period has four gates. From each period, all other four time periods are available.
- Travel to the Time of Legends always leads to Legends 1.
- Travel to Pangea always leads to Eurasia (east), except when coming from the Time of Legends.
- Travel to 2112 A.D. always leads to the North-West American gate.
- All gates going to 1990 A.D. lead to Great Britain, except for the one that stands in North-West America in the Aftermath.
There are four two-way connections:
- Legends 1 <-> Pangea, Proto-Greenland (north)
- South America 1990 A.D. <-> North-West America 2112 A.D.
- Europe 1423 B.C. <-> Great Britain 1990 A.D.
- Pangea, Eurasia (east) <-> Europe 1423 B.C.