WHO AM I???
- 1 Stubs
- 2 Cheating
- 3 Image needed
- 4 Actually...
- 5 Horance
- 6 Creatures
- 7 Dino's Ultima Page
- 8 Kudos + Suggestion
- 9 High resolution image of viriea.gif?
- 10 Broken formatting
- 11 Ultima VI character portrait
- 12 Wiki Admin
- 13 Ultima VII city and dungeon maps
- 14 Pics
- 15 Image ID
- 16 Reverts
- 17 Troubles
- 18 Ultima VII images
- 19 Armour and Weapon Values
- 20 Little Images
- 21 Spell Infoboxes
- 22 Thanks for fixing the "Computer ports of Ultima I" article
- 23 Category Images
- 24 Spell Categories
- 25 Ultima IV Hythloth Walkthrough
- 26 Savage Empire Magic
- 27 re: serpent isles map
- 28 Page layout for locations
- 29 Martian Dreams Bestiary portraits
- 30 UO Reagents
- 31 Cross References
- 32 Copyright violation on Ultima III Gold
- 33 Spell Illustrations
- 34 NPC List
- 35 Portraits in U6P
- 36 SI Unused Images
Please STOP plastering the wiki with a mass of stubs! This is very bad style! Please write whole articles instead of doing that!
So is a million red links. Take your pick as to which is worse. I'll be going back to those articles and writing them soon enough. Relax. JubalHarshaw 15:58, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
Could you please move al that cheating, get-itme etc.-stuff into a cheating subcategory? Otherwise it will really clutter the Other Things-category, and looks more neat, since it is a topic on itself.
Will do. JubalHarshaw 19:09, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Ahem, while I think that the "image needed" thing is a good idea, please don't stick it to in-game items, that were never seen as more than being a few pixles big. A picture would be really useless in these cases. As well as for the Avatar, since he/she has many different faces.
Actually, why not images for the different faces of the Avatar? Also, chances are I will tag most any in-game item, if you feel it doesn't warrant a picture, just pull the tag, maybe let me know on the article talk page that the item isn't large enough, etc so I don't re-tag it. You probably have far more knowledge of in-game items than I. As I notice you've done most of the image uploading, I'm just trying to give you an easy way to see what might still need an image. JubalHarshaw 15:26, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Actually Every Item where a picture IS possible, I have put a picture into. Because: All items where a picture is possible, I have already uploaded, so all articles for items, with no picture (not weapons and armour, that is still in the owrks) can't have one bacuse either no one exists, or is far too small.
You know how many different Avatar pictures exist? Alone Ultima VI, VII and VII/2 have at least 20. So that would be a bit difficult...
For other people in Ultima VI, VII and VII/2, who you can talk with and have no picture, you can tag them, since it upload these later then.
I'm curious: where is it noted in Ultima that Horance was an apprentice of Flain?
Can't remember where I got it...sorry, but I got that from memory, and don't know from where exactly anymore.
Hm. I'm dubious if it's correct, as I couldn't find anything to verify it and it doesn't 'feel' right. *shrug*
-Shadow of Light 07:47, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
I checked the U5, U6 and U7 transcripts, and did an Internet search as well. The only mention of this I could find was from the Ultima IX Redemption website. I believe it may just be something they were using for their continuity, and is not official.
-Browncoat Jayson 16:15, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for checking my work and adding in what I didn't know! I've decided to stop hitting their talk pages with what I don't know. Instead I'm putting together a list on my user page. Fenyx4 16:18, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Dino's Ultima Page
Kudos + Suggestion
First of all, good job on all the articles you keep churning out. Looks like you've touched more or less every article on this wiki in some fashion! That having been said, I hope I am not out of line in offering a suggestion: when it comes to wikis in general, usage of personal opinion is avoided since a lot of people co-author the articles; one man's personal opinion might differ from another's. So things like judging whether an NPC is annoying or not, or whether the music in a particular game is good or bad is best left to the reader and not included as fact in the wiki.
--Warder Dragon 17:07, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for cleaning up my mess. Could you also change the width of my pictures on the Ultima IV ports to 200. They look all out of place. I don't know why my computer is so useless. Dungy 22:03, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
High resolution image of viriea.gif?
I have seen the image that you uploaded to the virtues page. I have been wanting to get a tattoo of the eight virtues as depicted in that image. I was wondering, where did you scan it in from and do you have it available in any higher resolution? Thanks!
- That looks like the image from the Ultima Underworld manual. I'll see if I can get a higher resolution scan for you, as all the ones on the Internet seem to be about the same quality. Browncoat Jayson 15:57, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Here is the [http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz321/Browncoat-Jayson/virtues.png High-Res Image} for you. Browncoat Jayson 18:21, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, Trib- sorry about continual broken formatting... I don't know what's going on at my end, but I'm rarely actually messing with a page's formatting. I think something gets lost sometimes while switching back and forth between the normal and "Source" views.
If you know of any tips to keep this from happening, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
p o l y g o n _ c o u n t 15:53, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
Ultima VI character portrait
While creating a character description for Thindle in Paws, I noticed that his image had not yet been uploaded. I tried doing this myself, but kind of messed up the first time. No idea how to delete the broken picture. Sorry. I also couldn't figure out how to categorize his image under Ultima VI character portraits. How do I do these things? Dungy 21:58, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
Just overwrite it by re-uploading it.--Tribun 22:03, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
Ultima VII city and dungeon maps
Just want to say I LOVE them. (Dungy 20:17, March 30, 2010 (UTC))
A million thanks for adding links to the other NPCs for Utima V. I'm just learning how to add content to this WIKI and love Ultima as much as anybody!
Just wanted to say thanks for covering me on a lot of the pictures, especially of the weapons... I have access to Ultima VII/2 but not The Black Gate, which makes screen grabs difficult for some of them!
Also, I haven't forgotten about those navs, I've just been putting them off. ;) --Polygoncount 20:43, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
- No problem with the pics. It seems I can deliver the best screenshots of all people here.--Tribun 21:13, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Tribun, I was wondering if you could make the Ultima Underworld I NPC screenshots a bit bigger. I realize they original had small character portraits, but a different resolution might help. (Dungy 02:43, May 14, 2010 (UTC))
I already doubled them in size from the original. Any bigger, and they'll just become a pixelated mess.--Tribun 11:12, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, we're discussing this sort of problem over at the talk page for Musket, but took a screenshot of this because I am not sure what the pictured helm is, and you're the image upload master:
We don't have it here in the Codex. Is this another fanmade Exult graphic?--Polygoncount 02:34, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
- No, it is here. Look at Scale Armour. It is not fan-made, the graphic is from SI.--Tribun 09:28, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Wow, my bad. Can't believe I missed that. Probably my tendency to ignore scale armour in games since chain is usually better. :) What do you think about doing a separate page just for helms, since they were around in Ultima V too? It'd probably be somewhat like the Shields page. --Polygoncount 18:09, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, to prevent "revert wars" can you please make sure to include why you choose to revert a page in the edit summary? I know others have asked this of you before as well. The latest example is Valor, where I believe AngusM edited out the description because it was already present word for word in the Lore Quotes, which you reverted without saying why. Thanks. --Warder Dragon 15:23, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
Tribun, it's cool that you're posting all of those scans of the Ultima card-game. I'll admit, I picked up some cards while I was in Japan, but I have absolutely no idea how to play the game or anything about it other than the cards. If you know anything more, please feel free to compose the article. I just got some cards and an advertisement when I bought Ultima Complete. (Dungy 15:32, August 21, 2010 (UTC))
- I actually don't know that much either. I got most of the information here:  --Tribun 14:28, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
- "Christ, use the correct categories" - Tribun If you don't want to get angry, just tell me the correct category, and I'll be more than happy to fix it for you. I don't make mistakes on purpose, but when I make them, let me know, and I'll address it. It beats you losing your temper. (Dungy 15:32, August 21, 2010 (UTC))
- Sorry, nothing personal. I just had to do that over that last months so often with various contributors, that my tolenace of it has grown thin. It was an outburst of frustration. Just as a ground rule, if there is an category for an article, pictures never go into it.--Tribun 15:40, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
You can try to blame it on the vagaries of the language but you have managed to piss off nearly every editor on the wiki at one point or another. Stop before you click save page on a talk page on in summaries and ask yourself if the comment is constructive. For example from Talk:Aidon;
- "10 References to the same website is simply stupid" <- not constructive and insulting
- "10 References to the same website is redundant and clutters the page." <- constructive and informative
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. But you never did explain WHY you thought it was "simply stupid". And because of this no reasonable discussion on the number of references could be held. Anyone (including the original editor) who thought more references was a good idea was "stupid". Feel free to think we're all stupid but please keep it to yourself and instead explain why you think something is a mistake.
You were given excellent advice previously by Blu3vib3 but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.
I'm loathe to say this but consider this a warning. Things have been escalating to a point where I will begin giving people temporary bans. -- Fenyx4 16:30, 4 December 2010 (PST)
Ultima VII images
Most of your Ultima VII tavern images look nice, but the Fallen Virgin is quite dark and hard to see. Was this picture taken at night? I uploaded a new picture because I preferred one taken during the day. Dungy 07:19, 19 December 2010 (PST)
Armour and Weapon Values
Tribun, I was hoping when you had the time, you could add Ultima IX armour and weapon values. I'd do it myself, but I no longer have access to the Ultima IX strategy guide. Thanks! Dungy 19:42, 2 January 2011 (PST)
I like those little icons you've been adding from Ultima VIII. It's little things like that that make the wiki a more interesting place. Thanks. Dungy 17:32, 6 February 2011 (PST)
I managed to centralize all images. Enjoy! Dungy 15:46, 7 February 2011 (PST)
Thanks for fixing the "Computer ports of Ultima I" article
Sorry about messing up the article, I didn't remove those bits on purpose. The Rich Editor seems to ruin the formatting. Next time I'll use the standard text editor again. -- 126.96.36.199 04:53, 18 February 2011 (PST)
- Good idea fixing the size on all of those category images. The Codex is not as bad as it used to be, but one thing it's still constantly in need of is standardization and consistency. Thanks! Dungy 09:02, 27 February 2011 (PST)
Seriously, did I miss the discussion about not merging Sosarian and Britannian spells in the same article, regardless of how similar they are? Magic Missile/Mittar/Magic arrow all do the same thing; the only difference is the game system -- and since the naming conventions are all over the place from game to game, it's just going to confuse people unless there are disambiguation pages made.
And for the record, putting "sigh" in your Summary for an edit after I took a while making the changes I made is a real a-hole move. It's a wonder you don't exactly endear yourself to anyone around here. --polygoncount (Polygon Dragon -==(UDIC)==-) 12:18, 6 March 2011 (PST)
In your walkthrough for Hythloth you say "It is pretty straight forward until leaving the level 5 dungeon rooms." How did you get through the three dungeon rooms on level 6? I'm on the PC version and there's no triggers to remove any walls (I even checked the file in a hexeditor to make sure I wasn't missing anything). I googled it but all I found were more discussions of the same problem. One on a DOS version like myself and another on a C64 version. -- Fenyx4 09:07, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Well, I played with the upgrade patch and had no trouble to pass these rooms. Looks like a bug of the original that got fixed. Try installing the patch and enter these rooms again. If that doesn't help, you can bypass it by casting "Up".--Tribun 10:05, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- No change with the upgrade patch. And I know I can bypass it with "Up" but I'm really curious why my version is bugged and yours isn't. Could you [firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail me] your Hythloth.DNG file? Do you know where your version originally came from? (Free download, original release game disks, etc.?) Thanks.
- P.S. The western of the three rooms is also bugged (I circled around the long way) and doesn't have any starting locations for the player characters.
- U4 for DOS free download has the same problem. -- Fenyx4 10:54, 10 March 2011 (PST)
Seems my memory played a trick on me and I did use up (after I it was yers ago). I'll correct the walkthrough.--Tribun 10:59, 10 March 2011 (PST)
- Thanks. I think I'll go write a patch for Hythloth.dng. :) -- Fenyx4 11:05, 10 March 2011 (PST)
Savage Empire Magic
A picture of the individual totem for each spell would look nifty along with the picture of the reagent. Dungy 12:59, 8 May 2011 (PDT)
- Thanks, did that right away.--Tribun 13:07, 8 May 2011 (PDT)
re: serpent isles map
Hello yeah i realised all too late that i was making duplicates of an already existing page, unfortunately the maps area appeared to me somewhat unorganised. I was hoping to itemize each map to an individual page to allow for expansion on each as a specific topic, and to allow for specific searches for these maps in the database. Im not sure what to do about it now, sort of stopped and started scratching my head when i realised it was a duplicate, although technically you took in game screenshots, the images i uploaded were extracted from exult studio, but of course are still duplicate in nature.
- I'll try to solve that with an admin. However, there is a useful tool for pages that have a link but are not yet created. Go on the sidebar to "Special pages" and then click on "Wanted Pages". This is a list of all the pages needed but not yet created. That should be helpful for you.--Tribun 05:46, 23 June 2011 (PDT)
- Duplicate or not, your itemization of each map sounds like a good idea. It can be done with either set of images.--Sega381 15:50, 23 June 2011 (PDT)
- I'd suggest redirects pointing to the right part of the map article.--Tribun 15:53, 23 June 2011 (PDT)
Page layout for locations
Hey Tribun, I noticed you reverted the edit I had applied to the page layout of the Yew article. I did that on purpose for consistency; from what I can see, the vast majority of our articles consist of an introductory passage preceding a table of contents and elaborated sections below. I'm not sure I'm seeing the reason behind a different layout for location articles, and the "Description" sections are perfectly suited for introductory paragraphs anyway. In the past, others have apparently agreed about this in regards to the dungeon pages, all of which I've already converted (there were cleanup banners prompting this for as long as I can remember). Before I go back to doing what I've been doing, I'm hoping to hear your thoughts on this (and hopefully from other contributors, too). --Terilem 01:16, 27 September 2011 (PDT)
Martian Dreams Bestiary portraits
You've probably noticed that I've been scanning a lot of images from the Martian Dreams hintbook recently. In the past, you've been replacing a lot of the bestiary illustrations with higher quality scans, and I was wondering if you'd like me to post some quality scans of the bestiary I've taken, and you could modify them so they look appropriate. Some of the current images are pretty bad, since I think they were all taken from the manual on http://replacementdocs.com Dungy 17:25, 11 November 2011 (PST)
- Please do so. I was never happy with the current ones but never found any better ones. If you could replace them all would be nice, I then do the rest (please don't save as PNG, as I can't process these).--Tribun 01:08, 12 November 2011 (PST)
Sometimes your browser doesn't refresh the picture correctly. They're all of Bushrat quality.--Tribun 05:14, 12 November 2011 (PST)
- You're right. Man, those new images look a LOT better. Thanks for doing this! I need to scan the Savage Empire cluebook pics some day too.Dungy 05:58, 12 November 2011 (PST)
- Thanks. Btw., two pictures are missing. A martian and a mechanical man, both should be somewhere in the book as well.--Tribun 06:01, 12 November 2011 (PST)
It looks like you uploaded some of the UO Reagents, which I happened to do yesterday as well. Could you take a look at which ones we want to keep, and mark the others for deletion. You tend to have a better eye for images than I do.
Sorry, I didn't mean to leave the Soundtracks unlinked. I was going to create a nav for them but got caught up. It's in place now. Thanks for catching them in the meantime. --Browncoat Jayson 09:22, 3 April 2012 (PDT)
Copyright violation on Ultima III Gold
Thanks for expanding the articles I started on Ultima III Gold and Ultima IV Gold. For at least the first article I notice that you appear to have copied most of the text verbatim from the project's documentation. If you had permission from the original author, or feel that your use of the text on the article constitutes fair use, could you put a notice on the talk page so that misunderstandings of this sort don't happen again? Otherwise it would be great if one of us, when they have the time, could rewrite the description in our own words. But contrary to what you suggest on the talk page, I don't think expediency justifies plagiarism. —Psychonaut 12:09, 11 April 2012 (PDT)
Hello, I was curious from where the various spell illustrations in some of your articles are from. Particularly ones such as this: http://codex.ultimaaiera.com/wiki/File:P.gif
If this isn't the correct place to ask this, I apologize, wasn't sure how else to contact you.
How is the NPC List template breaking the pages? I don't actually see a visual difference between the before and after. -- Fenyx4 06:24, 21 August 2012 (PDT)
- Oh, I see it. The deprecated warning has started showing up again at the top of the page. I could probably just fix it. Anyone else like the NPC List template or should I not bother? -- Fenyx4 06:34, 21 August 2012 (PDT)
Portraits in U6P
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but is the U6P team aware that those principle shrine pictures are lifted from the Ultima Underworld 2 manual? It seems like including actual Origin artwork in the game might put them in a tricky legal position. --Warder Dragon 03:03, 30 January 2013 (PST)
- It was their decision to take them or not, and they decided it's ok. So they seem to think it's no problem.--Tribun 05:52, 30 January 2013 (PST)
- Yeah, I was just thinking maybe you should let them know it's original Origin artwork in case they aren't aware. ;) --Warder Dragon 06:48, 30 January 2013 (PST)
- It was their decision to take them or not, and they decided it's ok. So they seem to think it's no problem.--Tribun 05:52, 30 January 2013 (PST)
From a creative standpoint, I have to wonder if it's worth having some of these portraits when many of the source photographs are so far off the mark from the characters they're purporting to represent. For example, I find it difficult to accept Marney's carefree smile knowing her personality and original melancholy portrait, and Ben is hardly the hulking lumberjack befitting his nickname. Old Ybarra doesn't even remotely resemble the original character.
Then again, this is the team that, last I heard, saw fit to cut most of the original U6 soundtrack. Perhaps such discrepancies won't bother them.
As for the Sin'Vraal portrait, I don't really mind that you used mine as your source, but in future, when reproducing another artist's work to that close a degree it might be polite to first seek permission when possible. --Terilem 23:15, 30 January 2013 (PST)
- Thanks, it had been bitch to draw, so I do understand how hard it must have been for you, but without something to base it on, I would have not been able to do it, I stink at drawing gargoyles. When creating my own version of Sutek, it had been much easier, thankfully, I just tried to make him look like him and since the original U6 portrait looks goofy, I oriented myself at the Lazarus one.--Tribun 06:25, 31 January 2013 (PST)
Hi Tribun, not sure if you missed my reply to your post on my talk page or chose not to acknowledge it, so I'm copying it over to here:
That trailer is ten years old and I'm afraid I can't remember who was responsible for what, so I'd have no idea who to ask; certainly not me, I was just a 2D artist. Can't you just do your own original art? It would be far less complicated in that regard.
Also, I see you've used more Lazarus portraits for your mod. I'm going to have to ask that you give Nytefall and myself credit for those in some way, as they aren't really your own work and not doing so would be considered plagiarism. She drew Charlotte, Sutek, David, Sir Simon, Lady Tessa, Dufus, and Monsieur Loubet; I drew Sin'Vraal and Captain Johne.
Perhaps a Readme.txt file included with the portrait pack download would be sufficient. --Terilem 03:12, 6 February 2013 (PST)
- Ok, I will do so. Thanks for telling me. I don't want to take credit for something I didn't completely drew myself.--Tribun 03:15, 6 February 2013 (PST)
Replaying U6P with the portraits mods. Massive improvement, Thank you (and the other artists) so much for the art. --Iceblade14:45, 6 January 2017 (MST)
- Thanks. Btw. did you remember to also add the Dialogue fix for the dialogue that were accidentally not corrected in the ENglish release?. If not, I can tell you where to find it. --Tribun (talk) 14:50, 6 January 2017 (MST)
- Here's the link  and here the changelog . The wiki-page itself is broken, so only direct links work. They wrote "Adding all the fixed done in u6p_npc between Oct 30 and final... Fortunatly for me, this won't affect other languages.", which says there are fixes they simply forgot to add to 1.1.--Tribun (talk) 15:00, 6 January 2017 (MST)
SI Unused Images
I'm fine with you using them, but it was a real pain making those animated GIFs, so I'd appreciate some credit. --Lavacopter 188.8.131.52 18:45, 10 June 2013 (UTC)