Ultima IV Remastered
From Ultima Codex
Ultima IV Gold, using all of the enhancements of that fan project and adding much more content to it, turning it into the best 8-bit presentation of the Ultima IV. It even eleminates the biggest problem of C64 games - the loading times - by putting everything on a cartridge. The most recent version is 2.2.1.
- The Introduction and the Endgame got completely redrawn, now using the full graphical capabilities of the C64.
- Tile graphics now mostly use the tiles from Ultima V, with several new tiles, which did not exist in Ultima V, specially created.
- Objects and monsters in dungeons are now shown in color instead of monchrome (does not go for the walls themselves).
- Dungeons start to dim once a torch is about to run out.
- Maps from Peer Gems are now shown in color instead of monochrome.
- The dungeon renderer is much sped up, making exploration easier.
- Much improved fastloader support.
- Game is now playable from a cartridge with no loading times at all.
- No more music interruptions during disk access when playing from floppy.
- Mixed case text is now possible.
New Game Features
- Active player can be selected in combat and dungeon rooms, making exploration of dungeon rooms and level grinding for selected characters much easier.
- Saving and quitting in dungeons is now possible.
- The game now asks if the player wants to leave a town when reaching the border.
- Joystick control is now implemented.
- Meditation at shrines now does give different messages with different number of cycles.
- Dungeon Hythloth got fixed on level 6.
- Countless fixes with the balloon.
- Countless text fixes in NPC dialogues and dialogue choices.