Talk:Ultima VI: The False Prophet
"Gone are the tile graphics" Uhm... I think that U6 still have tile graphics
The link for Haki's nitpicks page is broken: http://members.inode.at/357352/english/nitpicks_u6.htm
Getting too long?
In an effort to reduce orphaned pages (30% reduction so far), I've been greatly expanding the 'More Game Related Information" section of the various game pages. Is this getting out of control or is it OK so far? I just always hate having pages hidden and difficult to access on the wiki. Dungy 11:36, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, maybe. I see your point, but things like the utilities and "alcohol" may be too much for that section. We can either create more sections in order to accomodate more stuff, or maybe somehow integrate some of the things listed in th "More game..." section into the article. For example, U6Edit and Ultimatrix may be better integrated into the "Upgrades" section, which could be "Upgrades and Utilities".--Sega381 18:42, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
Differences between platforms - cleanup
The "Differences between platforms" section and its followup article (http://codex.ultimaaiera.com/wiki/Computer_Ports_of_Ultima_VI) contain tons of misinformation that makes me scratch my head.
1. The Amiga port wasn't based on the PC EGA version, but used downscaled VGA graphics.
2. Three (four) disks were not a lot at the time when other games could use up to 11. The problem was how the data was spread over the media resulting in frequent swapping. A second disk drive or HD solved that as mentioned.
3. A hard drive being uncommon is pure conjecture. I could just as easily claim the opposite.
4. "Worse music" again is purely subjective. Stick purely to the facts. There are fewer songs in the Amiga version, but their perceived quality and their effect on the game's atmosphere are open for debate.
5. "Interestingly, the game ran with a much better speed if used on an Amiga 1200 or an Atari Falcon" Interestingly? *Obviously* it would run faster on a faster processor.
6. It should also be noted that the game had to be reinstalled from scratch (on floppy or HD) whenever one wanted to create a new character - a lenghty procedure.
I could go on and on about semantics and minor points but whatever. I dread editing wikis myself, but this could definitely use a cleanup.
- Thank you for your concern regarding this page. I understand that there is unfortunately a lot of misinformation and poor editing rampant in this wiki. We continue to strive to improve the quality of this site, but editors and free time is often lacking. if you;d like to help up improve this page, we'd be extremely grateful. Dungy 13:33, 26 January 2011 (PST)
Has anyone noticed that in the intro of Ultima VI speaks of the friends who died by your side? Does it actually means that some of them were meant to die and all in the previous game; Ultima V? --Arthgon (talk) 10:03, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
I've extracted all 6,566 voice files from the FM Towns version of U6. I've uploaded Aaron as an example. File:Aaron.0.ogg through File:Aaron.18.ogg. I'm not sure how to present it though. Modify the transcript so each appropriate piece of text links to the voice file? And hope they all line up perfectly? New voice file transcription? (That'd take forever...) Anyone else have an idea? -- Fenyx4 21:26, 1 January 2018 (MST)