Sir Denton, from Ultima VII
Sir Denton had a stiff and impersonal demeanor, often giving rote almost encyclopedic responses to questions and showing little in the way of emotion. as a bartender, he was academically knowledgeable about the lives and professions of all of the castles inhabitants, and could be a useful source of basic information as to the denizens of the keep. Wishing to hone his capacity for human emotionality and his sense of humor and, he had apparently formed friendship with ladies Jehanne and Tory, although his jokes were still notably lackluster. He would also mention that he was attempting to learn to gamble from Sir Richter, and that the armourer had gotten markedly better at such pursuits after his acceptance into the Fellowship.
Should the Avatar have undertaken the task of investigating the vandalism of one of the keep's statues, Denton would try to prove helpful, suggesting that the hero speak to Richter, who had been the first to search the scene of the incident. Later, he would recommend the expertise of Lady Leigh when examining the blood-spattered stone chips which had been found at the crime scene.
- Like many characters in Serpent's Hold, Denton is based on a character from the popular television show, Star Trek: The Next Generation. He resembles Lieutenant Commander Data, a highly elaborate sentient android who seeks throughout the series to become more human.
- Should Dupre be in the party when addressing Denton, the knight will ask him about his supposed "scholarly study" of the various drinking establishments in Britannia.
- When Denton tells his joke ("Why did the chicken cross the road?") both Spark and Iolo will meet his pedestrian performance with disdain, if present.
- In the SNES Port of Ultima VII, Denton serves as a sort of point person during the investigation into the defacement, advising the Avatar as to whom to talk at various stages of the plot.
- Sir Denton. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "humor, job, Lady Leigh, Lady Tory, Serpent's Hold, Sir Richter".
- Sir Denton. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "got fragments, help".
- Sir Denton. Ultima VII SNES Transcript. Ultima VII. "crime, culprit, gargoyle, jewelry, Sir Richter".