Raiding (Lord of Ultima)

From Ultima Codex
Jump to: navigation, search

The following Lord of Ultima raid information is taken from the The Great Libraries of Caledonia[1]:

Raiding Dungeons[edit]

Dungeons offer players the opportunity to acquire resources. When raiding a dungeon, you select how many of each unit to send. Bear in mind that the army moves at the speed of its slowest unit, and that when raiding dungeons it takes an hour for your troops to prepare before departing, and an extra hour to unload your spoils upon return.

Dungeon Lifecycle[edit]

When a dungeon first forms, its level is randomly determined and it is 0% complete. As it is raided, or time passes, its completion increases until it is 100% and the dungeon is closed. An untouched dungeon will last roughly two weeks, but most often will be depleted in a matter of days. The closed dungeon remains visible on the regional map for a few days before fading away.

Bestiary[edit]

At 0%, the dungeon contains only its base creatures: Skeletons in Hill Dungeons, Orcs in Mountain Dungeons, Giant Spiders in Forest Dungeons, and Pirate Dhows in Sea Dungeons. As the completion level rises, the numbers of creatures encountered also rises. As it nears 25%, the number of base creatures begin to drop and the secondary creatures begin to appear: Ghouls, Troglodytes, Thieves and Pirate Sloops. Once the number of these secondary creatures peak, near 50% completion, the base creatures stop appearing and a tertiary creature begins to appear: Gargoyles, Ettins, Centaur, and Pirate Frigates. Again at the 75% mark, the secondary creatures stop appearing, and a final creature type appears: Daemons, Minotaur, Trolls, and Pirate Galleons.

Loot[edit]

The amount of loot obtained from a raid varies according to the monsters that appear within the dungeon. The table below shows the base amount of loot per creature.

Forest Dungeon Hill Dungeon Mountain Dungeon Sea Dungeon
Base Creature 25 per Spider 25 per Skeleton 30 per Orc 75 per Pirate Dhow
Secondary Creature 33 per Thief 33 per Ghoul 40 per Troglodyte 250 per Pirate Sloop
Tertiary Creature 70 per Centaur 135 per Gargoyle 120 per Ettin 650 per Pirate Frigate
Final Creature 290 per Troll 340 per Daemon 250 per Minotaur 1400 per Pirate Galleon

The maximum amount of loot available for each depends on the level of the dungeons and how complete it is. A dungeon at 50% provides 150% of the base loot, one at 75% provides 200% of the base, and one at 100% provides 300% of the base. Each unit has a maximum loot value, which determines how much they can carry when returning from a raid. The following table shows the base loot for the various dungeon levels.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Max Foes 10 40 117 444 1,183 2,181 4,687 8,351 14,162? 17,655?
Max Loot/Foe 30 30 30 30 40 25? 25? 31.75 25 25?
Max Loot 320 977? 2,000? 15,488? 30,000? 56,850? 117,175? 198,205? 356,970? 441,375?
Gold/Loot 200% 120% 80% 50% 35% 30% 28% 27% 26% 25%

Raiding Strategy[edit]

The number of units to send on a raid can vary widely, and is mostly determined by the attack and carrying capacity of the troops involved. The following table include suggestions for the various dungeon levels.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Berserkers suggested at 0% 15 >80 >450 >800 >3,000 >5,500-6,500 >12,000-14,000 >25,000 >35,000 >60,000
Berserkers suggested at 50% 30 120 520 1,800 5,400 12,000 24,000 45,000 70,000 110,000
Berserkers suggested at 100% 45 180 780 2,700 8,000 18,000 35,000 70,000 100,000 160,000

If raiding with units other than berserkers, use the following equivalents:

10 berserkers = 15 rangers = 6 knights = 7 mages = 50 guardians = 9 paladins = 12 crossbow = 20 templar = 5 warlocks

This is for attack power only; additional troops may be needed to match loot capacity.

Raiding Bosses[edit]

Mighty creatures, like dungeons, can be assaulted for resources and artifacts. As with dungeons, the type of resources gathered vary with the creature: Dragons provide more wood, Hydra provide more stone, Moloch provide more iron, and Kraken provide more gold.

Boss Lifecycle[edit]

When bosses form, its level is determined by the levels of the cities closest. An untouched boss will last roughly one week, but often disappear faster if they are defeated by a number of players. Each player can only defeat a given boss once, and it is unknown how many players must defeat one before it vanishes.

Loot[edit]

The amount of loot obtained from a boss raid depends on the number of units that survive the attack, regardless of whether the boss is defeated. Defeating the creature is only required in order to obtain any artifact it might carry. However, if the boss survives, troop losses are five times higher than if the boss is defeated.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Max Loot 500 3,000 20,000 40,000 100,000 150,000 200,000 300,000 450,000 600,000
Gold/Loot 200% 120% 80% 50% 35% 35% 30% 27% 26% 25%
Max Gold 1,000 3,600 16,000 20,000 35,000 52,500 60,000 81,000 117,000 30,000

Artifacts are awarded when defeating a boss that awards artifacts at one title level below your current. For example, a Marquess would not be awarded an artifact for defeating a level 2 boss. The type of artifact varies depending on the type of creature defeated.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Artifact Level Copper (Knight) Bronze (Baron) Steel (Earl) Silver (Marquess) Gold (Prince) Platinum (Duke) Verite (King) Valorite (Emperor) Valorite x2 Valorite x3
Dragon Artifacts Axes, Shovels, Amulets, Medallions, Horns, Chests, Toolkits
Hydra Artifacts Picks, Shovels, Amulets, Medallions, Horns, Chests, Toolkits
Moloch Artifacts Hammers, Shovels, Amulets, Medallions, Horns, Chests, Toolkits
Kraken Artifacts Axes, Picks, Hammers, Sickles, Shovels, Amulets, Medallions, Horns, Chests, Toolkits

Raiding Strategy[edit]

The number of units necessary to kill a creature is shown below; however, it is not always necessary to kill the creature in order to "farm" it for resources. The chance to kill the creature is decreased with fewer units; you have a 75% chance of killing a boss you must send 56.25% of the unit; a 50% chance of with 25% of the units, and a 25% chance with only 12.5% of the unit numbers.

Dragon Raids

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Berserkers 50 300 2,000 4,000 10,000 15,000 20,000 30,000 45,000 60,000
Rangers 84 500 3,334 6,667 16,667 25,000 33,334 50,000 75,000 100,000
Guardians 250 1,500 10,000 20,000 50,000 75,000 100,000 150,000 225,000 300,000
Crossbowmen 42 250 1,700 3,300 8,300 12,500 17,000 25,000 37,500 50,000
Knights 19 112 756 1,467 3,689 5,556 7,556 11,112 16,667 22,223
Mages 36 215 1,429 2,858 7,143 10,715 14,286 21,429 32,143 42,858
Warlocks 21 125 834 1,667 4,167 6,250 8,334 12,500 18,750 25,000
Templars 100 600 4,000 8,000 20,000 30,000 40,000 60,000 90,000 120,000
Paladins 28 167 1,134 2,200 5,534 8,334 11,334 16,667 25,000 33,334

Hydra Raids

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Berserkers 34 200 1,360 2,640 6,640 10,000 13,600 20,000 30,000 40,000
'Rangers 56 334 2,267 4,400 11,067 16,667 22,667 33,334 50,000 66,667
Guardians 168 1,000 6,800 13,200 33,200 50,000 68,000 100,000 150,000 200,000
Crossbowmen 63 375 2,500 5,000 12,500 18,750 25,000 37,500 56,250 75,000
Knights 28 167 1,112 2,223 5,556 8,334 11,112 16,667 25,000 33,334
Mages 36 215 1,429 2,858 7,143 10,715 14,286 21,429 32,143 42,858
Warlocks 21 125 834 1,667 4,167 6,250 8,334 12,500 18,750 25,000
Templars 68 400 2,720 5,280 13,280 20,000 27,200 40,000 60,000 80,000
Paladins 42 250 1,667 3,334 8,334 12,500 16,667 25,000 37,500 50,000

Moloch Raids

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Berserkers 50 300 2,000 4,000 10,000 15,000 20,000 30,000 45,000 60,000
Rangers 84 500 3,334 6,667 16,667 25,000 33,334 50,000 75,000 100,000
Guardians 250 1,500 10,000 20,000 50,000 75,000 100,000 150,000 225,000 300,000
Crossbowmen 63 375 2,500 5,000 12,500 18,750 25,000 37,500 56,250 75,000
Knights 28 167 1,112 2,223 5,556 8,334 11,112 16,667 25,000 33,334
Mages 24 143 972 1,886 4,743 7,143 9,715 14,286 21,429 28,572
Warlocks 14 84 567 1,100 2,767 4,167 5,667 8,334 12,500 16,667
Templars 100 600 4,000 8,000 20,000 30,000 40,000 60,000 90,000 120,000
Paladins 42 250 1,667 3,334 8,334 12,500 16,667 25,000 37,500 50,000


Hydra Raids

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sloops 2 9 57 110 277 417 567 834 1,250 1,667
Frigates 1 4 23 44 111 167 227 334 500 667
War Galleons 1 1 6 11 28 42 57 84 125 167

Note that these number are for attack power only; additional troops may be needed to maximize loot capacity.

References[edit]

  1. Phenomic. The Great Libraries of Caledonia. Retrieved December 2012.