The skill works well together with Carpentry.
Listed below are the minimum levels for each type of wood to be harvested (and turned into boards):
|Skill Level||Type of Wood|
Additionally, having a skill of 100 allows the lumberjack to have a random chance to get one of these items when cutting down a tree:
- Bark Fragment - used for Woddland Armour.
- Luminescent Fungi - used for Darkglow potion.
- Parasitic Plants - used in Parasitic potion.
- Switch - used to make an acid proof rope.
- Brilliant Amber - used as an ingredient for various weapons.
- Crystal Shards (only in Ter Mur) - used to imbue high intensities of the Damage Increase and Spell Damage Increase properties onto items.
There are essentially two ways to train in lumberjacking:
First: The obvious way, chop down trees.
Second: Attack other creatures with an axe, which works best with the Swordsmanship skill. The most efficient way to gain is to get a 100% Poison Damage axe and hit a Golem
Additionall, having Melisande's Corroded Hatchet equipped will grant automatical increases in the skill, without any further action from the player.
- Human characters will get one extra log per chop, or two if working in Felucca. Elves, on the other hand, have an increased chance of harvesting special Lumber types.
- Turning the logs into boards is only optional, but useful, as they only weigh half as much after conversion.