Killorn Keep flies 1257 feet over the Krain desert, where it overlooks the nomads of the Northern Wastes. Originally built on the ground below, the castle was eventually made to imprison two fantastical beasts within its foundations, causing it to float over the lands where once it lay anchored.
At the time of the Avatar's travels in the worlds of the black gem, Killorn Keep was under the rule of Lord Thibris, a former soldier who earned renown during the Praecor Loth campaign. Despite its astonishing power of flight, the castle served as little more than as an icon of the Guardian's presence, having little functional purpose outside of the continued captivity of those who carried it. Its isolated location led to many regarding an assignment to Killorn Keep as a form of punishment, and those stationed there frequently seek promotion to a less desolate locale.
Due, most probably, to the inter-planar magics which briefly linked Killorn to Castle Britannia, the Guardian briefly used it as a base of operations for his attempt to invade Britannia following his creation of the Blackrock Dome. Ultimately, however, this short siege campaign failed due to the intervention of the Avatar.
- Altara: sorceress
- Aron: merchant
- Bishay: rude merchant
- Blackie: Trilkhai leader
- Chirl: stable boy
- Kintara: traveler
- Lobar: sword master
- Lord Thibris: Lord of the keep
- Merzan: merchant
- Mors Gotha: Champion of the Guardian
- Mystell: security chief
- Ogri: head butler
- Relk: captain of the guard
- Trilkhai: slaves
- The standard of Killorn keep is blue eagle. A banner of symbolic import bearing this crest was lost during the Praecor Loth campaign and the player can seek it out in Loth's tomb and return it to the castle steward.
- It is possible to cause Killorn Keep to crash by killing the creatures which keep it afloat. Should this happen, all characters within its walls will become hostile as it falls to the ground. The player can later visit it after the crash, when it will have been reduced to an empty ruin.
- Travel to Killorn Keep from the surface lands is made possible by airships.
- Ogri. Ethereal Dragon's Ultima Underworld II Transcript. Ultima Underworld II.
- Lord Thibris. Ethereal Dragon's Ultima Underworld II Transcript. Ultima Underworld II.
- Mystell. Ethereal Dragon's Ultima Underworld II Transcript. Ultima Underworld II.
- Altara. Ethereal Dragon's Ultima Underworld II Transcript. Ultima Underworld II.
- Guard. Ethereal Dragon's Ultima Underworld II Transcript. Ultima Underworld II.
|Worlds of the Blackrock Jewel|
|The Worlds||Tarna ☥ Killorn Keep ☥ Anodunos ☥ Talorus ☥ Scintillus Academy ☥ Pits of Carnage ☥ Rhiannon ☥ Ethereal Void|