Sir Jordan, from Ultima VII
This article is about a character in Ultima VII. For an Ultima IX character, see Jordan (U9).
Despite his blindness, Jordan appeared to have a keen sense of his surroundings. A defensive and skeptical man, the knight spoke little about affairs outside of his work, and was quick to disbelieve any claims that the Avatar or their party-members made towards fame. Should the hero be investigating the vandalism of Lord British's statue at the Hold and have learned from Lady Tory of Jordan's nervousness regarding it, the fighter would attest to having heard a woman screaming, likely Lady Jehanne, on the night of the incident.
- Like many characters in Serpent's Hold, Jordan is based on a character from the popular television show, Star Trek: The Next Generation. He resembles Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge , who is naturally blind and relies on a VISOR (Visual Instrument and Sensory Organ Replacement) for visual input. Both Denton and Horffe will mention Jordan's aptitude for mechanical instruments, perhaps referencing Geordi's role as the chief engineer of the Enterprise.
- Should Iolo be present in the party while talking to Jordan, the companion will attempt to mention his identity to the shopkeep, who will meet such claims with flippant incredulity, not recognizing the famous owner of the store he tends.
- In the SNES Port of Ultima VII, Jordan will relate overhearing Jehanne's scream on the night of the incident without being prompted by Lady Tory's assessment (Tory does not appear in the game). This allows the player to avoid most of the other dialogue relating to the defacement plot.
- Sir Jordan. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "job, statue, woman".
- Sir Denton. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "Sir Jordan".
- Sir Horffe. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "Sir Jordan".
- Sir Jordan. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "original branch".
- Lady Jehanne. Ultima VII SNES Transcript. Ultima VII. "crime, near the statue".