From Ultima Codex
Ultima Online. However, this does not only mean to simply write in books and on scrolls. Once the scribe has more skill, he or she can copy or create magic scrolls, or with the right instructions even whole spellbooks which are superior to standard spellbooks, thus the skill is with useful in combination with Magery. At Grand Master level, the scribe gains +10% damage on all Magery spells.
For other effects, so formulas.
Training of course involves usage of the skill. After first training with an NPC scribe up to 30 skill points, practical use is needed. Note that this uses up a lot of blank scolls and scribe's pens.
|Skill Level||How to Train|
|0 - 30||Train with NPC Scribe or Mage|
|30 - 55||Make 4th circle scrolls.|
|55 - 65||Make 5th circle scrolls.|
|65 - 85||Make 6th circle scrolls.|
|85 - 94||Make 7th circle scrolls.|
|94 - 100||Make 8th circle scrolls.|
- Protection: Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted.
- Lowers physical resistance 15% - (Inscription/20). At GM inscription, Physical lowers 10%.
- Lowers resist magic skill 35% - (Inscription/20). At GM Inscription, Resist lowers 30%
- Increases spell casting delay. (Inscription has no effect here)
- Reactive Armor: Increases Physical Resistance ( +15% + Inscription/20 ) , decreases elemental resistances (-5% each).
- With 0 Inscription (+15 , -5 , -5 , -5 ,-5)
- At GM Inscription (+20 , -5 ,-5 , -5 , -5)
- Magic Reflection: Decreases Physical Resistance (-25% + Inscription/20), increases elemetal resistances (+10% each).
- With 0 Inscription (-25 , +10 , +10 , +10 , +10)
- At GM Inscription (-20 , +10 , +10 , +10 , +10)