The list of known gems includes diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and others. Most of these are treated the same, with the exception of emeralds, which play a special role in the lost valley of Eodon in Savage Empire. Besides this exception, gems are generally unusable as currency, and are primarily sold to jewelers who usually pay a good price for gems of all sorts.
- -Sean in Britain in Ultima VII will buy any gem for 30 gold coins (although he will resell them for 75!)
- -Devra at the Inn of the Sleeping Bull in Ultima VII Part Two will exchange each gem for 50 gold coins.
- -Topo in Moonshade in Ultima VII Part Two will buy each gem for 100 Guilders.
- -Rhian in Tenebrae in Ultima VIII will buy each gem for 3-18 Obsidians (depending on the sort of gem).
- -Cameron in Britain in Ultima IX will buy all kind of gems to various prices.
|“|| A precious stone with properties suitable for turning the magic of the ether into liquid magic. A requirement for the making of potions.|
- Ultima IX is the only game that keeps book about the different kind of gems, and each has its own worth.