Dungeon of Fire
Situated amidst a volcanic outpouring of magma to the southeast of Britain, the area around the Dungeon of Fire may have been used by mages as an early source of sulfurous ash. True to its name, the hellish labyrinth would grant those brave enough to brave its depths with the Mark of Fire, as well as the similarly potent Mark of Force. To get to the brands that would grant these mystic protections, however, a questing explorer would have to brave several floors riddled with confusing teleporters and deadly traps as well as facing a large settlement of voracious gremlins.
|“|| This dungeon is known well for the magical properties of the volcanic ash found near its entrance. Regretfully, through, it is also deserving of its reputation as one of the most deadly in the realm.|
Gold is an easy find on the first four levels, but to reach the lower depths, one must face many dangers.
- A Vargskol Halfblood is listed as the founding baron of the Society for Creative Anachronism barony of Bryn Gwalad in Ansteorra - the same region where Richard Garriott has been known to participate in his persona of Shamino Salle' Dacil. It seems likely that this individual lent his name to the adventurer who explored the Dungeon of Fire in Secrets of Sosaria.
- In the Nintendo port of Ultima III, the Dungeon of Fire is known as the "Blazing Fire Cave."
- Maps were originally created by TrigonMan3, hosted with permission.
- Garriott, Richard. Secrets of Sosaria (Ultima III). Origin Systems, Inc: 1983. Page 29.
- "Bryn Gwlad". Ansteorra History Wiki. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Yamashita, Yukio et al. "Blazing Fire Cave". Ultima Exodus: Hintbook (Ultima III). Fujisankei Communications International: 1988. Page 56.
|Lands of Lord British (just Sosaria in Ultima III)|
|Cities|| Britain ☥ Dawn ☥ Death Gulch ☥ Devil Guard ☥ Grey ☥ Montor |
Moon ☥ Fawn ☥ Paws ☥ Tune ☥ Yew
|Castles||Castle of Lord British ☥ Castle of the Lost King|
|Landmarks||The Pillars of Protection ☥ The Tower of Knowledge|
|Dungeons (Ultima I)||Death's Awakening ☥ The Dungeon of Doubt ☥ The Dungeon of Montor ☥ The Dungeon of Perinia ☥ The Lost Caverns ☥ The Mines of Mt. Drash ☥ The Mines of Mt. Drash II ☥ Mondain's Gate to Hell ☥ The Unholy Hole|
|Dungeons (Ultima III)||Dardin's Pit ☥ Dungeon of Doom ☥ Dungeon of Fire ☥ Dungeon of the Snake ☥ Dungeon of Time ☥ Mines of Morinia ☥ Perinian Depths|
|Islands and Other Sites||Ambrosia ☥ Isle of Fire ☥ Mt. Drash|
|Lands of Danger and Despair|
|Cities||The Brother ☥ Bulldozer ☥ Dextron ☥ Gorlab ☥ Lost Friends ☥ Magic ☥ Turtle ☥ Wheeler|
|Castles||Castle of the White Dragon ☥ Shamino's Castle|
|Landmarks||Grave of the Lost Soul ☥ The Eastern Sign Post|
|Dungeons||The Dead Cat's Life ☥ The Dead Cat's Life II ☥ Dead Man's Walk ☥ The Dungeon of Doom ☥ Free Death Hole ☥ The Hole to Hades ☥ The Morbid Adventure ☥ The Skull Smasher ☥ The Spine Breaker|
|Lands of the Feudal Lords|
|Cities||Arnold ☥ Gerry ☥ Helen ☥ John ☥ Linda ☥ Owen ☥ The Snake ☥ Wolf|
|Castles||Castle Rondorin ☥ Castle Barataria|
|Landmarks||The Pillars of the Argonauts ☥ The Pillar of Ozymandias|
|Dungeons||Advari's Hole ☥ The Dead Warrior's Fight ☥ The Gorgon's Hole ☥ The Horror of the Harpies ☥ The Horror of the Harpies II ☥ The Labyrinth ☥ The Savage Place ☥ Scorpion Hole ☥ Where Hercules Died|
|Lands of the Dark Unknown|
|Cities||Clear Lagoon ☥ Gauntlet☥ Imagination ☥ Nassau ☥ Ponder ☥ Poor ☥ Stout ☥ Wealth|
|Castles||Black Dragon's Castle ☥ Castle of Olympus|
|Landmarks||The Sign Post ☥ The Southern Sign Post|
|Dungeons||The End ☥ The Guild of Death ☥ The Long Death ☥ The Metal Twister ☥ The Slow Death ☥ The Tramp of Doom ☥ The Troll's Hole ☥ The Viper's Pit ☥ The Viper's Pit II|