| Create Reagents
If reagents are short at hand, then Create Reagents spell comes in handy. Casting it causes one unit of a reagent appear at the caster's feet. Considering that after the initial binding no more reagents are used, this is a good deal.
What kind of reagents appear is determined by the type of ground on which the mage is standing:
- Grass: blood moss, garlic, ginseng, or spider silk
- Dirt: blood moss, garlic, or ginseng
- Forest: spider silk, nightshade, blood moss, garlic, or ginseng
- Sand: black pearl
- Rock: sulfurous ash
- Lava: sulfurous ash
- Saltwater: black pearl
- Swamp: spider silk, blood moss, or mandrake root
- Anywhere else: blood moss, garlic, ginseng, or spider silk
|| Even the disciplined mage can be caught unprepared. The Create Reagents spell allows the caster to focus his mana into the ground beneath his feet where a single reagent known to him may be extracted. A casting mage is limited to the reagents that he knows by sight, sound, and taste. The produced reagent varies with the terrain on which the mage performs the casting.|
- In the 1.19f version of Ultima IX, this spell does not function correctly. Effectively, every time this spell is cast, a black pearl rises from the ground irrespective of the terrain. In addition, the game often crashes immediately following this event.