is one of eight keeps that housed the rulers of the feuding states of old Sosaria during the events of Ultima I
. It was located within the Lands of the Feudal Lords
Overview of the Castle Rondorin in Ultima I
Little is known about the ruler of Castle Rondorin, or their presumed co-ruler in the Castle Barataria, save that they were masters of the Lands of the Feudal Lords during the first Age of Darkness.
During the Stranger's quest to defeat Mondain, the hero had need to consult with whomever ruled over this castle, requiring a green gem in their possession in order to activate the time-traveling device necessary to reach the wizard's stronghold. The lord of the keep granted this to the Stranger, but only after they had proven their mettle by slaying a carrion creeper. Also at this time, the Princess Donna could be found within the dungeons of this keep. The hero had the ability to rescue her - although doing so earned them the wrath of the guards and court.
It is not known what eventually befell Castle Rondorin or its master, as the Lands of the Feudal Lords vanished shortly after the death of Mondain.
|| Each castle is held by a noble, the King of his particular region. Kings maintain absolutely power in their realm and are excellent sources of information. Visit these local rulers; they have much to offer the serious adventurer.|
Things to See
- West half of water: Bonus 10% of pence dropped (round down) to Random Stat
- East half of water: Bonus 300% of pence dropped to Food
- The Castle of the Lost King, The Castle Rondorin, The Black Dragon's Castle are similar to Shamino's Castle.
- Rondorin was spelled "Rondorlin" on the Apple II version of Ultima I.
- ↑ King. Quill Dragon's Ultima I Transcript. Ultima I.
- ↑ Morris, Andrew. "Lessons of the Past". Beyond the Serpent Pillars (Ultima VII Part Two: Serpent Isle). Origin Systems, Inc.: 1993. Pages 3-4.