Wayne, from Ultima VII
DescriptionA scholar like Taylor, Wayne's field of expertise was ornithology, and he had a particular passion for the Golden-cheeked Warbler - to the extent that he would follow birds of that particular species deep into the forests. 
Should the Avatar encounter the lost cleric, Wayne would discuss his passion for studying fauna (especially birds) and would only grudgingly admit that he might not be equally adept at the art of navigation. Unwilling, however, to admit that he was in need of help, the monk remained in the caves indefinitely.
- Wayne is the author of the book Birds of Britannia. Curiously enough, this volume can also be found on the far-flung shores of Serpent Isle, despite its long separation from the lands of Britannia.
- The Golden-cheeked Warbler (Dendroica chrysoparia) is a real bird native to central Texas, possibly near the region where Ultima VII was produced. (The Black-Tipped Grackle and Silver-Winged Pharcelot mentioned in his book, however, do not appear to have real world analogues.)
- Wayne. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "Abbey, animals, at the moment, geography, job, lost".
- Wayne. Underworld Dragon's Ultima VII Transcript. Ultima VII. "birds, nature, plants, trees".
- Brother Wayne. Birds of Britannia (Ultima VII - in-game).
- Brother Wayne. Birds of Britannia (Ultima VII Part Two - in-game).
- "Golden-cheeked Warbler". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2011-05-20.