Black Dragon's Castle
Little is known about the ruler of the Black Dragon's Castle, or their presumed co-ruler in the Castle of Olympus, save that they were masters of the Lands of the Dark Unknown during the first Age of Darkness.
During the Stranger's quest to defeat Mondain, the hero had need to consult with whomever ruled over this castle, requiring a red gem in their possession in order to activate the time-traveling device necessary to reach the wizard's stronghold. The lord of the keep granted this to the Stranger, but only after they had proven their mettle by slaying a lich. Also at this time, the imprisoned Princess Beth could be found within this keep. The hero had the option of securing her rescue - although such action proved detrimental to relations with the guards and court.
- Ruler of the Black Dragon's Castle
- Princess Beth: imprisoned princess
|“|| Each castle is held by a noble, the King of his particular region. Kings maintain absolutely power in their realm and are excellent sources of information. Visit these local rulers; they have much to offer the serious adventurer.|
Things to See
- West half of water: Bonus 10% of pence dropped (round down) to Random Stat
- East half of water: Bonus 300% of pence dropped to Food
- The Castle of the Lost King, the Castle Rondorin and the Black Dragon's Castle are very similar to Shamino's Castle.
- There is also a White Dragon's Castle located within the Lands of Danger and Despair, which proved far more infamous in the annals of Britannian history, although it is not known if the King of the Black Dragon bore any relation to the maddened ruler of this ill-fated keep.
- King. Quill Dragon's Ultima I Transcript. Ultima I.
- Morris, Andrew. "Lessons of the Past". Beyond the Serpent Pillars (Ultima VII Part Two: Serpent Isle). Origin Systems, Inc.: 1993. Pages 3-4.
|Lands of Lord British (just Sosaria in Ultima III)|
|Cities|| Britain ☥ Dawn ☥ Death Gulch ☥ Devil Guard ☥ Grey ☥ Montor |
Moon ☥ Fawn ☥ Paws ☥ Tune ☥ Yew
|Castles||Castle of Lord British ☥ Castle of the Lost King|
|Landmarks||The Pillars of Protection ☥ The Tower of Knowledge|
|Dungeons (Ultima I)||Death's Awakening ☥ The Dungeon of Doubt ☥ The Dungeon of Montor ☥ The Dungeon of Perinia ☥ The Lost Caverns ☥ The Mines of Mt. Drash ☥ The Mines of Mt. Drash II ☥ Mondain's Gate to Hell ☥ The Unholy Hole|
|Dungeons (Ultima III)||Dardin's Pit ☥ Dungeon of Doom ☥ Dungeon of Fire ☥ Dungeon of the Snake ☥ Dungeon of Time ☥ Mines of Morinia ☥ Perinian Depths|
|Islands and Other Sites||Ambrosia ☥ Isle of Fire ☥ Mt. Drash|
|Lands of Danger and Despair|
|Cities||The Brother ☥ Bulldozer ☥ Dextron ☥ Gorlab ☥ Lost Friends ☥ Magic ☥ Turtle ☥ Wheeler|
|Castles||Castle of the White Dragon ☥ Shamino's Castle|
|Landmarks||Grave of the Lost Soul ☥ The Eastern Sign Post|
|Dungeons||The Dead Cat's Life ☥ The Dead Cat's Life II ☥ Dead Man's Walk ☥ The Dungeon of Doom ☥ Free Death Hole ☥ The Hole to Hades ☥ The Morbid Adventure ☥ The Skull Smasher ☥ The Spine Breaker|
|Lands of the Feudal Lords|
|Cities||Arnold ☥ Gerry ☥ Helen ☥ John ☥ Linda ☥ Owen ☥ The Snake ☥ Wolf|
|Castles||Castle Rondorin ☥ Castle Barataria|
|Landmarks||The Pillars of the Argonauts ☥ The Pillar of Ozymandias|
|Dungeons||Advari's Hole ☥ The Dead Warrior's Fight ☥ The Gorgon's Hole ☥ The Horror of the Harpies ☥ The Horror of the Harpies II ☥ The Labyrinth ☥ The Savage Place ☥ Scorpion Hole ☥ Where Hercules Died|
|Lands of the Dark Unknown|
|Cities||Clear Lagoon ☥ Gauntlet☥ Imagination ☥ Nassau ☥ Ponder ☥ Poor ☥ Stout ☥ Wealth|
|Castles||Black Dragon's Castle ☥ Castle of Olympus|
|Landmarks||The Sign Post ☥ The Southern Sign Post|
|Dungeons||The End ☥ The Guild of Death ☥ The Long Death ☥ The Metal Twister ☥ The Slow Death ☥ The Tramp of Doom ☥ The Troll's Hole ☥ The Viper's Pit ☥ The Viper's Pit II|